What We Stand For
Ka whakatōkia ngā tamariki ki te katoa o ngā āhuatanga mātauranga ā-iwi. Ko tōna whainga he whakakake, he whakapiki hoki i te aute ki runga i te karamatamata ā mātauranga. Taea ai te pēnei. Mā te kaiako matatau, mā te kaha āwhina ā-kui, ā-koro, ā-matua hoki. Ko te mutunga ake ka whakaritea te tinana, te wairua me te hinengaro nui tonu. Kia whai hua ngā tamariki, nō rātou te ao nei. Kia
whai mana ai rātou.
We Are Providing an Environment for Our Students to Grow & Excel
Our children will be given every opportunity to learn from different cultural perspectives. Children will be encouraged to reach their full potential. Our children will achieve through the efforts of skilled teachers, including our adults and kaumatua.
Their minds and bodies will be cultivated and nurtured in accord with Māori spirituality. Through the strengthening of the whole person, their families and communities will be healthy and as a consequence, their world will be too.
Our children will be equipped to stand proud and confident, ready to take their place and role in the world, to which they belong.
Teaching the Professionals of tomorrow
Te Wharekura o Manaia aims to produce young people who:
- Contribute and enhance the well being of Ranginui and Papatūānuku, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
- Are conscious of their connection to Te Taiao and their individual and collective responsibility to ensuring that their connection remains intact.
- Have excellent competency in Te Reo Māori and Mātauranga Māori derived primarily from Te Awaawa o Manaia.
- Able to fulfil their own potential and able to make choices about their future.
- To draw from the aspirations of the tangata whenua of Manaia.
- To build a Kura based on both mātauranga and tikanga of the tangata whenua of Manaia.
- To build a kura that would research and maintain the values, dialect, differences, symbols, literature and world view of tangata whenua of Manaia.
- To provide an educational environment (kura) that promotes the educational vision, goals, objectives, management and self-determination of the tangata whenua of Manaia.
- To develop the next caretakers of the traditions and aspirations of the tangata whenua of Manaia.